SECAUCUS, N.J. - Artistic Tile is putting the sun to work here with a new photovoltaic array on the roof of its headquarters.
American Clean Energy LLC, the 1,650 solar panels allow Artistic Tile to decrease reliance on the city's energy grid by producing up to 85% of the power use each year at its 110,000 ft² office and production/warehousing facility.Designed and installed by
The panels will produce an array output of 526,151 kWh per year, offsetting roughly 352.52 tons of carbon.
“In addition to the energy savings, we are very excited about achieving the environmental benefits that going solar provides,” said Zachary Epstein, Artistic Tile vice president. “It fits well with our vision to provide quality natural products that create sustainable design solutions for our clients projects.”
Artistic Tile has undertaken other green initiatives including:
• recycling of post-production scrap material;
• implementing a state-of-the-art water filtration system utilizing 100% captured rain water;
• shipping products in recycled boxes;
• packing goods with biodegradable bubble wrap; and
• joining the SmartWay Transport Partnership, a collaboration between the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the freight industry to increase efficiency and reduce greenhouse gases and air pollution.
Artistic Tile’s stone and tile are distributed through Artistic Tile’s eight showrooms as well as through a network of more than 160 dealers across the United States.
Get all the latest in the industry with The EDGE, the e-newsletter from Stone Update. Free subscriptions are available here.