- Category: Latest Batch Latest Batch
- Published: 13 January 2016 13 January 2016
Booth numbers are included for companies exhibiting at The International Surface Event (TISE) West and the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) next week.
Click on photos to enlarge.
• M S International Inc. (MSI), Orange, Calif., debuts Stile™ Thin Porcelainslabs in six colors, with dimensions of 118” by 59”, a thickness of 6mm and a weight of 2.81 pounds per square foot. With no routine maintenance required, Stile™ Thin Porcelain slabs are nonporous; etch-, stain- and heat-resistant; impervious to germs and bacteria; and rated for food safety. Because of their large format, the slabs also limit grout lines, so users enjoy a high-end look, with a seamless, easy-to-clean surface. Designed with colors and patterns that mimic the look of natural travertine and marble, Stile™ Thin Porcelain is suited for a range of interior and exterior formats in residential and commercial properties.
TISE West: 3551, 3559. KBIS 2016: S4027
Contact: M S International Inc., 714-685-7500
• Architectural Systems, New York, introduces Quarto™ Stone Veneers, produced by a unique proprietary technology to form thin layers of natural slate and quartzite stone fused with a fiberglass back in a translucent or opaque construction. This eco-friendly, durable yet lightweight and waterproof surfacing material comes in two sizes – 24” X 48” and 48” X 96” -- with opaque veneers perfect for wall panels, back splashes, round columns, feature walls, decorative ceilings and water feature applications, and translucent veneers offering enhanced decorative panels, windows, reception desks, flooring light features and drop-ceiling lighting inserts.
Contact: Architectural Systems, 212-206-1730
• Lapitec S.p.A., Vedelago, Italy, brings new finishes and colors of its sintered stone line to the United States at KBIS 2016. The new finishes are Arena, a smooth and sandblasted finish with a regular grain; Lithos, a finely wrinkled surface with subtle depressions; and Dune, soft to the touch and similar to slate. New colors are Moca, with warm Mediterranean-like colors, and Artico, however, is white and ethereal. Michelangelo is an added light arabesque whose veins run throughout the thickness of the slab to confer an extremely charming effect.
The KBIS 2016 exhibit will include an outdoor kitchen with a 3cm countertop of two different Lapitec materials, and two bathroom settings with all the vertical coatings, floors, top surface and sink were entirely made with the sintered stone, alternating from Nero Antracite, Grigio Cemento and Bianco Polare.
KBIS 2016: N126
Contact: Lapitec S.p.A., +39-0423-700239
NATURAL STONE VENEER
• Eldorado Stone, San Marcos, Calif., introduces its Natural Stone collection of quarried-stone veneers. The new profiles include 246Ledge, featuring saw-cut tops and bottoms with natural vertical edges; ChiselCut, adding a rustic ashlar pattern to an installation; CutLedge, showcasing uniformity and intriguing surface textures in modern applications; and Ledgestone, a versatile linear ledge that works well in numerous architectural styles. The veneers are cut into pieces roughly 1-inch thick for easy installation.
KBIS 2016: C3008
Contact: Eldorado Stone, 800-925-1491
NEW QUARTZ PATTERNS
• Wilsonart, Temple, Texas, introduces four new patters to its line of quartz surfaces in 2016, including
Anatolia (Q4021), a distinctive tea rose marble with large mother of pearl features, pink veining and subtle white highlights; King’s Crown (Q4018), with a balanced blend of cream and mushroom, subtle smoky black veining and hints of garnet; Isselburg (Q4013), in a flowing crystalline structure of light taupe and pale white; and Grey Lake (Q1009), a dark grey solid design. Samples will be available this spring.
KBIS 2016: N727
Contact: Wilsonart, 800-433-3222
• KREOO (USA), San Francisco, offers the Ducale collection from Kreoo srl of Chiampo, Italy, with handcrafted marble inlays set alongside Brass, Murano Glass, and Gold Leaf. Paying tribute the rich heritage of the Italian masters, the Ducale collection exudes elegance and versatility of design. The collection features four chief designs -- Etoile, Carrè, Baguette and Pois -- and is specified for flooring, walls or artistic applications. All tiles are 2’ X 2’.
Contact: KREOO (USA), 415-373-7308
• Vicostone USA, Dallas, introduces Vinatino, a quartz surface with a marble look, in a style combining the appearance of the company’s Borghini and Statuario color. Slabs are available in 56” X 120” in 2cm and 3cm thicknesses in a polished finished; check with the company for availability of jumbo slabs of 65” X 129”, or other finishes such as honed or brushed. All slabs are made using Breton S.p.A. vibrocompression technology.
KBIS 2016: N2863
Contact: Vicostone USA, 972-243 2325
NEW CNC SAWS
• Park Industries, St. Cloud, Minn., will introduce the SABER and APEX 5-axes CNC saws at TISE 2016 in Las Vegas.
The SABER can use its 5-axes control to go beyond material sawing to cut curves with Contour Cutting, core faucets with the Core Tool, and do incremental routing for sink cutting; operation is automatic or manual, and the machine includes manual joystick controls and an automatic pendant. The monobloc construction allows for precise machine placement, and the hydraulic tilt table gives a safe and faster way to load or unload slabs.
The APEX bridge saw also offers contour cutting for curves, along with straight-line and curved profiling, and process five sides of a piece with one setup. The saw can make cuts up to 16" with a 44" Blade, and can also be operated with a wireless control. Options include a programmable vacuum lift, an automated material height censor to measure stone thickness, and the APEX laser system to automatically measure the diameter of the blade and the length of tools for accuracy of finished products.
TISE West: 4148
Contact: Park Industries, 800-328-2309
• Kaesar Compressor, Fredericksburg, Va., now offers a 2”-diameter version of its SmartPipe™, a modular aluminum compressed-air distribution system featuring lightweight materials and simple connectors that can be installed without threading, welding or sweating. The piping has a low coefficient of friction and provides the best possible laminar flow; full-bore fittings minimize pressure drop, and leak-free connectors prevent costly compressed air loss. SmartPipe can be easily integrated into existing steel or copper systems.
Contact: Kaesar Compressor, 877-586-2691
INSTALLATION / REPAIR / RENEWAL
• ETemplate Systems, Raleigh, N.C., offers ELaser Xpress™ is a 3D laser digital measuring system with Measure Manager™ software custom-designed for the kitchen and bath industry. Its full capability enables detailed measuring of open spaces and outputs directly to Cabinet Vision™, 2020 Design™, KCD™, Pro Kitchen™, Microvellum™, and any other DXF-, DWG- or IGS -compatible software. It auto-draws as measurements are taken and provides flexibility for the user to modify the design after measurements are complete; it also measures height, plumb, size, and location of all desired features of a room, and models in 3D. Measure Manager is a standard component of the ELaser system that is also being offered as an option for users that already own a compatible Leica Laser.
TISE West: 2827 KBIS 2016: S6090
Contact: ETemplate Systems, 866-877-6933
• MR Direct, Toledo, Ohio, adds two North American-made models – the MX346DM and the MX3121LDM –that they can be installed either as drop-ins or undermounts. The perimeter edges of these models are smooth and beveled for traditional top-mounting, but flat enough for under-the-counter fastening. The MX346DM is an irregular-shaped, single-bowl style with its left half deeper front-to-back than its right, and a 3 1/2″ drain centerset in the larger left side. The MX3121LDM is a double-bowl design with a recessed divider and two offset 3 1/2″ drains. Both are offered with a brushed satin and 18-gauge thickness, with sound-dampening pads on the exterior to reduce noise.
KBIS 2016: N813
Contact: MR Direct, 877-946-5725
• Native Trails, San Luis Obispo, Calif., offers copper trough sinks in 30”, 36” and 48” widths. Made in Mexico of recycled, hand-hammered copper, the sinks retain the hallmarks of their artisan craftsmanship in a modern aesthetic. The 48” width double sink is particularly suitable to larger master baths. All sizes are available in an Antique or Brushed Nickel finish with a 5” drain opening (two openings on the 48” model), and they are forged to be used as either a drop-in or undermount basin.
KBIS 2016: N3000
Contact: Native Trails, 805-546-8544
• VanHearron Inc., Greenwood, Ark., offer the new 2016 Product Catalog of the company’s complete line of environmentally sustainable tile and stone sealers and cleaners, concrete-preparation products and problem-solving products. The 16-page, full-color catalog features the complete VanHearron product line and includes product features, product package sizes and cross-reference usage tables for surface applications.
Contact: VanHearron Inc., 479-255-6101